PDC50265 - Clinical Leadership: Coaching and Mentoring in Health Care
|Duration||10 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
The purpose of both coaching and mentoring is to help and support people to manage their own learning and to maximise individual potential, skills, performance and personal development. This online micro-credential provides a unique environment in which students can expand their knowledge and understanding of coaching and mentoring in the clinical setting. The micro-credential aims to provide theoretical understanding, experiential knowledge, and skills necessary to equip graduates to undertake coaching and/or mentoring in a range of contexts. In addition, students will explore how to assist others in the practical skills and understanding needed for successful one-to-one support.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and aptitude in coaching and mentoring in the clinical setting
- Demonstrate principles of coaching and mentoring
- Apply foundational models of coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrate the core competencies of a coach and mentor in the clinical setting
- Differentiate between preceptor, coach, and mentor
- Develop an understanding of personal approaches to coaching and mentoring, and demonstrate an understanding of adult approaches to learning and how to give feedback and establish the coach/mentor relationship.
Online Quiz and Online Activities
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.