PDC86982 - Graphics, 3D CAD and Design PD Workshop
|Duration||Professional Development Course is 24 hours.|
|Study mode||Mixed Mode|
Workshop details. Rockhampton: Emmaus College Main Street Campus 8.00am – 5.00pm. Building: Industrial Design & Technology, Graphics room. Monday 8/4/24 – Wednesday 10/4/24 Brisbane: St Laurence’s College Building - Br Spillane ITAD Centre 8.00am – 5.00pm. Monday 8/4/24 – Wednesday 10/4/24 or Thursday 11/4/24 to Saturday 13/4/24 (BNE Only) For further information and workshop dates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This Professional Development Workshop will give you information and skills to help you tackle the majority of Junior Graphics courses taught in Queensland schools with confidence. This Practical Workshop provides an introduction to graphical and 3 Dimensional Computer Aided Design (CAD). It provides the necessary skills and theory to enable you to teach Graphics and 3D CAD in the discipline of Industrial Technology and Design in the Middle years of schooling (7-10). You will design, develop, adapt and evaluate projects utilising critical aspects of knowledge about Graphics and 3 Dimensional design technologies. The aim of the Workshop is to enhance your understanding, to introduce ideas and techniques that are more complex while in the context of a supportive classroom environment. As a group, we will practise concept drawing, manual drafting and Computer Aided Design. We will also introduce design/engineering process, investigate unit planning and discuss pedagogy.
This 3-day Practical Workshop includes:
Knowledge of graphics and 3D computer aided designs and processes will be gained through working with hand skills and real-world applications. Students will design, develop, adapt and evaluate projects utilising critical aspects of knowledge about and develop skills.
This is a Professional Development Course which is awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Undertaking this Professional Development Workshop enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the Professional Development Course , students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Standard Professional Development CourseDuration:
Professional Development Course is 24 hours.
On completion of the workshop students will gain an understanding of:
1. Knowledge of graphics courses in typical Queensland secondary schools
2. Skill development of projects made in the graphics and 3D computer-aided designs
3. Knowledge of various programs in Graphics and 3Dimensional design technologies
4. Criteria marking standards development and profile development
5. How to plan and develop courses to teach
6. Facility maintenance and resource development
7. Workplace Health and Safety in the classroom.
- Practical course work (during the Workshop)
- Design Assessment.
Teachers working in Queensland who need to upskill in the discipline. The workshop is limited to 4 students only.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.