PDC92532 - Introduction to Social Media for Small Business
|Duration||2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Are you in the small business market and need to brush up on your social media skills? If so, this micro-credential is for you! If you are a small business owner, sole trader or work in an administrative role managing social media, this micro-credential will equip you with tools and skills required for confidently managing your social media. Through case study examples you will expand and further your knowledge on how to best apply a social media marketing plan in a small business setting. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This micro-credential will provide an introductory level of knowledge on the tools and skills in managing social media for small businesses. Case studies are provided to outline how to best apply a social media marketing plan in a small business setting. This micro-credential is relevant for a small business owner, sole trader or those who work in administrative roles managing social media.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
This micro-credential provides professional upskilling for business owners, or those wishing to develop their business skills.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
2 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Outline the role and impact of social media as a marketing tool in small business
- Identify the benefits of a social media strategy and how to implement it successfully
- Identify risks in using social media for small business and how to mitigate these risks.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential. It is relevant for anyone wishing to develop or update their social media skills.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.