PDC82931 - Academic Writing Skills for VET Students Moving to University
|Duration||8 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
This online micro-credential provides resources designed to help VET students considering undergraduate studies to become aware of academic expectations, develop basic academic writing and referencing skills, and learn about academic support mechanisms available during their undergraduate studies. The micro-credential introduces students to key information and academic writing skills needed for success in higher education studies at CQUniversity.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Micro-credential: A micro-credential is an online short course with assessment, which, on successful completion is awarded a digital badge through our badge partners Credly. Instructions for this are provided at the end of the course.Duration:
8 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Develop basic skills needed to undertake research at an undergraduate university level, including how to search for information and evaluate the appropriateness of potential sources
- Identify basic skills and techniques used in effective academic reading, note-taking, and paraphrasing
- Identify how to properly reference sources using several commonly applied referencing styles
- Review basic writing skills around sentence construction, paragraph writing, and academic language, spelling, and vocabulary
- Identify basic requirements of commonly used academic genres, particularly essays
- Identify personal areas of strengths and weakness in academic researching and writing capabilities
- Become aware of ongoing sources of academic, career, and personal support CQUniversity students can access during their studies.
Reflective Activity (optional)
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.