Graduate Diploma of Human Resource Management
|Duration||1 year full-time, 2 years part-time|
|Next start term||Term 1, 2024|
CQUniversity's Graduate Diploma of Human Resource Management gives you knowledge and skills in the field of human resources and is an ideal course if you want to advance your career in human resource management.
During the course you will study discipline-specific units providing you with an understanding of contemporary frameworks and models that explain the core functions of human resource management from planning, recruitment, development, rewarding and motivating employees, and how to implement strategies to help an organisation perform efficiently and effectively. You will explore ethical human resource management as well as managing human resource functions internationally through relevant operations, policies and practices. Building on the international context of human resource management, you will analyse labour markets and systems of employment relations in various countries. Your learning is complemented with management-focused units across marketing management and digital communications, effective business communications, and management and business context.
The Graduate Diploma of Human Resource Management is a great option after completing the Graduate Certificate in Management with up to four units of credit available. Upon completion of the Graduate Diploma of Human Resource Management, students can pathway into CQUniversity's Master of Business Management (Human Resource Management) and receive credit for up to eight units.
Enjoy the flexibility to study this course online from your home country.
- Authentic Learning Experiences
- Experienced Teaching Team
- Flexible Online Study
- Seamless Pathways
I pursued a postgraduate in human resource management so I could focus my career on improving people's quality of life through developing the organisation where they work while at the same time increase revenue for the company.
Master of Human Resources Management
As a human resource professional, you may work in almost all large organisations. Employment opportunities include specialist positions in employee recruitment and selection, training and development, strategic planning and performance management in middle or top management positions in industry, commerce or government.
Structure & Availability
You are required to complete a total of eight core units.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Term 1, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 2, 2024||Available Online|
Majors and minors are not applicable to this course.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must hold:
- A completed Australian Bachelor degree, or higher Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent qualification.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification (Year 11 or 12, or equivalent); or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United Stated of America.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.
This course has no specific health requirements.
This course has no specific security requirements.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$16,320|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$32,520|
2024 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$17,160|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$34,200|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
There are no scholarships available for this course.
How to apply
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.