It's a good idea to review detailed information on the application process, key dates and checklists before you start your application. Visit the relevant page for your chosen entry pathway course below.
Find your application portal
- If you are applying for the Skills for Tertiary Education Preparatory Studies (STEPS) you’ll submit your application online via our direct application portal. You’ll also need to complete our STEPS diagnostic testing and an enrolment form. You can find out more about how to apply, plus access the link to the application portal on our STEPS page.
- If you are applying for SUN (Start Uni Now) you’ll need to apply direct to CQU. Visit our SUN page for a handy checklist and instructions on how to apply, plus the direct application portal link.
- If you are applying for a course via Start TAFE Now (STN) find relevant apply links on our STN course options page or apply direct online.
- If you’re an international student, please visit our SUN International page to prepare and submit your application via iSTART.
- STEPS and STN entry pathways courses are not available to international students.
Other entry pathways
Can’t find your course application details? Explore the how to apply information for our other entry pathways such as commencing a TAFE or University course, applying via our Principal Recommendation Scheme or an English pathway.
Entry pathway course information
Skills for Tertiary Education Preparatory Studies (STEPS)
Explore application, term, orientation, event dates and other information for our free STEPS course.
Start Uni Now (SUN)
Find application and terms dates, plus all you need to know to get started with SUN while you are still in high school.
Start TAFE Now (STN)
Discover how you can apply to start a TAFE course while you are still at high school including key application dates and more.
We believe education is for everyone. Let us help you get into the course you want with our alternate pathways to study.