Work experience in industry
A component of a course which satisfies all the following criteria:
- The component generates credit which counts towards a course's total credit requirement.
- It is undertaken through paid or unpaid work and associated instruction in an organisation other than the institution.
- It involves regular and planned supervision and instruction of the student.
- The supervision and instruction is undertaken in accordance with guidelines agreed between the institution and the organisation.
- While the supervision and instruction may be monitored by the institution, it is not undertaken or paid for by the institution. However, there may be occasional contact between the student and staff of the institution.
- The work undertaken by the student in the organisation involves the use of skills and knowledge relevant to the course for which the component generates credit.
- The student may or may not be employed by the organisation in which the component is undertaken.