CQUniversity Australia continues to expand its regional presence in Townsville with the recent opening of another multi-million dollar campus building. In addition to the existing 1000sqm floor (Building 1) that occupies the entire first level of the NQN building at 538 Flinders Street West, CQUniversity Townsville now also features a three-level building, Building 2, with state-of-the-art facilities including a nursing simulation training facility at 6 Finsbury Place, directly beside Building 1.
CQUniversity Townsville is situated close to cafes, accommodation and a cinema which provides our students with more variety.
Current students are able to access Building 2 during the week from 8am - 5pm where onsite lectures, workshops, tutorials and practical training will take place. Students may also benefit from after-hours access to Building 2 during specified times. Building 1 will be open to students via swipe card access during the week.
Townsville is located on the north-eastern coast and is the largest regional city in Queensland, comprising of more than 190,000 people. Townsville lies approximately 1,300 kilometres north of Brisbane, and 350 kilometres south of Cairns. The region enjoys a tropical climate with easy access to unspoilt beaches, The Great Barrier Reef and tropical islands such as Magnetic Island and the Whitsundays.
All students can enjoy an extensive range of facilities including:
- state of the art tutorial rooms featuring the latest presentation, audio-visual and video conference equipment
- clinical skills labs that offer on-site practical training for paramedic science and nursing students
- Mac lab for professional communication students
- free wireless networking to enable students to connect their laptops to the Internet
- photocopying, scanning and printing facilities
- CQUniversity bookshop online access and support
- Townsville help kiosk: state-of-the-art touchscreen providing access to IT support and online library access so that students can view an extensive array of online databases and source the latest information in their chosen fields
- student lounge areas with lounge seating and monitors
- support staff on-hand to assist with student enquiries
- plasma screen located in the reception areas to convey important information to students upon their arrival at the campus.
A number of courses are now being delivered with a mix of on-campus tutorials and online learning, providing students with access to an innovative learning experience which encourages a personalised and interactive learning environment. This mode provides an opportunity for students to build strong and highly valuable relationships with the academics and their fellow peers.
If you are considering study, drop into the reception in Building 2 and talk to our friendly local staff to find out how we can help you be what you want to be. You can check out our services, pick up a brochure, access assistance with enrolment and seek guidance for your studies from our expert support services staff and student ambassadors.
CQUniversity offers a wide variety of programs and courses and is continually developing a range of exciting new programs, many of which are available via online study including allied health, law, paramedic science, accident forensics, project management, tourism, nursing and more. Watch this space for CQUniversity Townsville updates.