CQUniversity Melbourne campus is at 120 Spencer Street, adjacent to Southern Cross Station transport hub, and easily accessible by multiple tram and bus routes. The student community is strong and inclusive, with friendly faculty and professional staff offering a supportive learning environment in the heart of this exciting metropolis.
Melbourne is one of Australia's most vibrant and cosmopolitan cities, with world-renowned landmarks, high-fashion boutiques, cafe-filled laneways, film and food festivals, sporting events, art exhibitions and performing arts. Melbourne is also close to major regional tourist attractions including the Great Ocean Road, and Australia’s popular ski slopes.
With a long multicultural history, Melbourne has welcomed migration from across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas. Home to nearly 5 million people, Melbourne is inclusive, progressive and hosts more than 2.5 million international visitors every year, for an exciting schedule of major events, and to enjoy the laidback lifestyle.
Melbourne has been repeatedly declared one the most liveable cities in the world by The Economist’s liveability rankings, which surveys over 140 cities globally. The energetic beachside metropolis has also been voted the third-best city in the world for students, according to the QS Best Student Cities 2019.
For more information about Melbourne’s employment, accommodation and schooling options, please see our local links.
CQUniversity Melbourne features modern open learning spaces, classroom and computer labs equipped with best-practice audiovisual equipment for teaching and tutorials, and dedicated space for student recreation.
Located at 120 Spencer Street in Melbourne’s CBD, entry to the campus via Lt Collins Street, in a busy commerce, shopping and café district.
Campus facilities include:
- The latest presentation and Audio-Visual equipment
- High-tech multimedia labs
- State-of-the-art medical sonography labs with simulated clinic environment and the latest ultrasound equipment
- Wireless networking is installed on the campus to enable students to connect to the Internet
- Photocopying, scanning and colour printing facilities
- CQUniversity bookshop
- Campus library including access to extensive online databases across academic fields
- Latest student information via plasma screens
- Student lounge area equipped with microwave ovens, lockers, TV and lounge seating. recreational equipment including table-tennis, foosball, board games
- Student counselling services
- Vending machines with hot and cold drinks and snack items
- Large indoor open space for cultural and recreational campus activities
- Quiet room for prayer.
The campus also is also the headquarters for CQUniversity’s Office of Social Innovation.
CQUniversity is officially recognised as Australia’s only Ashoka U Changemaker Campus – part of an exclusive global network of educators committed to leadership in social change and innovation.
CQUniversity Melbourne’s off-campus facilities include a state-of-the-art Advanced Engineering Lab.
Located at 99 Thistlethwaite St in South Melbourne, the labs include:
- Industry-standard civil and mechanical engineering equipment
- Mining laboratory for rock and mineral testing
- Material testing apparatus
- Traffic movement cycle simulator
- Concrete mixing and compression facilities.