Strategic Plan 2019-2023
Our Future is You
CQUniversity has become a beacon for removing participation barriers to world-class training, education and research, particularly amongst underrepresented groups and underserviced communities.
Today the communities we serve are being transformed as a result of the bold measures put in place over the past decade. CQUniversity has emerged as one of the most exciting young universities in the world and while our journey so far has been rewarding, we are far from reaching our destination.
We are now at a point where we must build on our past achievements by designing and implementing a strong strategy that will deliver meaningful impact to our students, staff, alumni, communities and partners.
Our commitment to this is embodied in CQUniversity's 2019-2023 Strategic Plan, Our Future Is You. If you have any feedback or questions relating to CQUniversity’s 2019-2023 Strategic Plan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTRODUCING OUR STRATEGIC PLAN
We will continue our commitment to be Australia’s most engaged university, supporting the development of global sustainability through our partnerships with the communities we serve. We will embody a purposeful commitment to the sustainability of our communities socially, environmentally and economically by producing new knowledge and global leaders who deliver innovative, solutions-focused outcomes and drive change to address real-world challenges. Our culture of sustainability will be underpinned by our commitment to the seventeen United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, which will inform our sustainable global impact agenda for the creation of a better tomorrow.
OUR STRATEGIC PILLARS
We’re for students. The success of our students is the ultimate benchmark of our success and impact as a university.
Research creates knowledge that has the potential to drive community growth and improve the quality of life.
Our people are central to the delivery of our vision and purpose. They represent CQUni by exhibiting integrity and living by our values.
Our power of place delivers a unique advantage. Proactive engagement with communities will always inform our actions and offerings.
A measure of our quality and ability to differentiate our uni. We exhibit this by sharing our unique vision and effecting transformational change.
CQUniversity supports the Government’s objectives for the community:
- Good jobs: Good, secure jobs in our traditional and emerging industries
- Better services: Deliver even better services right across Queensland
- Great lifestyle: Protect and enhance our Queensland lifestyle as we grow.
CQUniversity contributes directly to the three objectives by ensuring our communities have the knowledge and skills they need to secure meaningful jobs in a range of diverse industries, which ultimately delivers better services to Queenslanders and enhances our Queensland lifestyle. The objectives are long-term and can only be achieved by everyone involved working together.
CQUniversity makes the strongest contribution to ten of the twelve sub-objectives by leading significant projects and initiatives with the aim to support and improve the quality of life for our Queensland communities. Our contribution to these sub-objectives will be achieved through our commitment to:
- Continually innovate our learning and teaching practices to optimise and personalise the student experience and meet constantly evolving workforce needs.
- Consistently deliver resilient, engaged, work-ready graduates who are not only jobholders but job creators.
Backing small business
- Be responsive to changing workforce needs in the design and delivery of programs and by leading research critical to the sustainability and prosperity of local industries and economies.
Making it for Queensland
- Utilise our reputation to be a positive influence on government policy wherever it relates to the training, education and research needs of the communities we serve.
Investing in skills
- Dismantle current and future barriers to educational access and participation and inspire learning aspirations among diverse groups of students. We will support access and participation through the provision of sector-leading outreach, enabling pathway and support programs.
Backing our frontline services
- Provide world-class, transformative education and research for our students, partners and communities across Australia and internationally.
Educating for the future
- Deliver sector-leading graduate outcomes and maintain career-spanning partnerships with our alumni through meaningful engagement, support and the provision of lifelong learning opportunities.
Protecting the environment
- Produce graduates who have the knowledge, skills and drive to apply global and sustainable thinking to address complex social, economic and environmental challenges.
- Not pursue objectives which imperil our sustainable future.
Growing our regions
- Be known as a university that works directly with community and industry to design and deliver training and education that strengthens and builds capacity.
- Leverage our connection with government by delivering activities and programs that are relevant to the needs of community and industry.
Honouring and embracing our rich and ancient cultural history
- Collaborate with Australia’s First Nations People to strengthen our relationships with the custodians of the lands hosting the communities we serve.