To apply, you must:
- complete an undergraduate or postgraduate initial teacher education program at an Australian university in 2023
- have a teaching specialisation in:
- any teaching area (60 x general scholarships) excluding STEM; or
- STEM (40 x STEM scholarships) including primary maths & science, and psychology.
- from term 1, 2024 commence teaching in a QLD state school (with a TR2-TR7) that's within a priority location including Central QLD, Darling Downs-South West, Far North QLD or North QLD, and
- be an Australian citizen or a person who resides in Australia and has the permission under a Commonwealth Law, to work in Australia.
Preservice teachers who have commenced/received an offer of permanent employment for Term 1, 2024 can apply as can those who were/are on a PTT.
Read the Fact Sheet and Checklists (below) for detailed information, email questions to email@example.com or call 07 3055 2969 by 3:00pm, 20 September to ensure a response before the closing date.
Refer to the website for more information.
- Read the Fact Sheet (below) for detailed information including the application & selection process, scholarship conditions & obligations and FAQs
- Read the Checklist (below) and gather your supporting documentation*
- Before the 20 September 2023, log into Smart Jobs and:
- answer ALL the questions in the online questionnaire*
- under the ‘upload files' header, upload ALL the documents listed in the Checklist (below)
*Failure to provide ALL of the requested documents and adhere to the minimum word count (Qs 25-30 will result in an incomplete application and will not be considered.If you experience difficulty uploading the documents to your Smart Jobs application, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 September 2023. If you haven't already, apply for teacher registration with the QCT and/or complete the apply to teach process with the department. Decisions should be made by the end of October 2023.