Working with Transgender or Non-Binary Clients in the Fitness Setting - PDC59177
Changes to our traditional view of gender can be confronting and difficult to understand. This online micro-credential explores the concept of gender moving from the rigid definitive of the male or female to a continuum, and how to navigate the terminology around LTGBQI persons without fear of ‘getting it wrong’. As a fitness professional, you will be provided with practical examples of how to phrase questions, suggestions on how to modify the physical environment to be more inclusive, and exercise considerations for those transitioning gender. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
3 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
Gender is moving from the rigid definitive of the male or female to a continuum. Changes to our traditional view of gender can be confronting and difficult to understand. Trying to correctly navigate the “new” terminology around LTGBQI persons leave many in fear of “getting it wrong.” This online micro-credential will include a list of acronyms, terms and identify how to correctly use pronouns so that people other than heterosexual, gender-normed, may also feel equally included. Also included are exercise considerations for those who are in transition and a list of where both you and your clients can go for further help and support. Case studies will be given to model empathetic initial consultations.
This micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
3 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Gain a clear understanding of phrases, words, and acronyms used within the LTGBQI community
- Describe practical examples of how to phrase questions and modify the physical environment to be more inclusive
- Outline the exercise considerations for those transitioning gender
- Define appropriate communication to this client group within your scope as a health and fitness professional.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this micro-credential should work or study in the health and/or fitness profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
This micro-credential provides Professional Development for health and/or fitness professionals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.