Working with Perpetrators: The Impact of Violence on Child Development - PDC99014
Children are affected by domestic violence in complex ways. To develop a deeper understanding of these complexities and be able to identify the stages of child development and the impact of domestic violence at each stage, this online micro-credential is for you. You will learn about the tactics of control and abuse of power that children experience through domestic and family violence and the direct and indirect harms it causes across the lifespan.
2 hours of online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
In this micro-credential you will explore the complex ways in which children are affected by violence. In particular, you will learn about the tactics of control and abuse of power that children experience through domestic and family violence. Where there is violence in the home, it influences each stage of child development, causing direct and indirect harms across the lifespan. This micro-credential aligns with a knowledge component required of facilitators (at all levels) and Victim Advocates to help them comply with the requirements of Queensland’s Department of Justice and Attorney-General for funded perpetrator intervention services.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
2 hours of online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the stages of child development and the impact of domestic and family violence on each stage
- Recognise the direct and indirect harms of domestic and family violence across the lifespan
- Describe the relevance of recognising the relationship between violence and child development to work in the men’s behaviour change field.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements for their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.