Why Partner? - PDC50249
This online Short Course forms part of the Partnering Essentials™ partnering skills program designed by DIXON Partnering Solutions. You can enrol in this course individually or in combination with other courses to form either the Introduction to Cross Sector Partnering course which comprises of three (3) courses as follows:
- Why Partner?
- What is Partnering?
- How to Partner
Complete the whole Partnering Essentials™ course (10 courses) - currently under development.
The focus of each course is on a specific topic related to Cross Sector Partnering.
The Partnering Essentials™ course (10 courses) is equivalent to the 2-Day face-to-face program delivered by DIXON Partnering Solutions and on successful completion will enable the candidate to proceed to undertake the Certificate in Cross Sector Partnering.
This course, Why Partner?, explores why Cross Sector Partnering is being adopted across the world as organisations seek to solve complex issues and challenges through new ways of working. In a rapidly changing world there is now clear recognition that we need to work differently if we are to survive and prosper. We are now seeing Business, Government, Education and Community coming together in many forms of partnering and collaboration to achieve greater impact than they can by themselves. Cross Sector Partnering is one such approach.
The fee for this short course will be $90.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 2 hours
In this course you will gain an understanding of:
- A definition for Cross Sector Partnering and why there is a strong movement to this new way of working
- The context for Cross Sector Partnering through looking at the challenges and tough problems we are facing in the world today
- The drivers for Cross Sector Partnering
- Examples of where Cross Sector Partnering is being utilised at present and why
- The Benefits and Risks of Cross Sector Partnering
- When to partner and when not to partner.
The Partnering Essentials™ online courses are designed for people at all levels within organisations who:
- Are directly involved in working with other organisations or sectors
- Are a partner in a Cross Sector Partnering initiative
- May be about to consider such a Cross Sector Partnering approach
- Are involved in a Collective Impact, Shared Value or Impact Investing initiative
- May wish to gain a greater understanding of Cross Sector Partnering – what it is, why we need it and how to make it work.
The Partnering Essentials™ online Short Courses are designed for people at all levels within organisations who (a) Are directly involved in working with other organisations or sectors (b) Are a partner in a Cross Sector Partnering initiative (c) May be about to consider such a Cross Sector Partnering approach (d) Are involved in a Collective Impact, Shared Value or Impact Investing initiative (e) May wish to gain a greater understanding of Cross Sector Partnering – what it is, why we need it and how to make it work.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 2 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a co-branded CQUniversity and DIXON Partnering Solutions Certificate of Completion.