Understanding the Australian Health Care System - PDC50215
This online Short Course introduces the role of governments in the contextual provisions of healthcare in Australia and our recent health reforms. It outlines the multiple systems of health care, the major types of health services available, models of care and the health considerations of vulnerable groups within Australia. Though the Australian healthcare system is far from perfect, it is considered one of the best in the world when it comes to delivery, availability and affordability for the Australian population.
The fee for this short course will be $240.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 10 hours
- Explain the role of government in the provision of healthcare in Australia
- Outline the National health Safety Quality Service Standards
- Compare contemporary models of healthcare utilised in Australia
- Describe some of the vulnerable groups in Australia and list the health and support services available to them
- Outline the different contemporary models of health care.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
This course provides Professional Development for health professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course students will be awarded 10 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.