PDC20085 - Health Care Work in the Community
At a glance
This online Short Course has been developed for personnel who work in the community sector, caring for others. The course overviews domestic and personal care skills used in the community setting.
The fee for this short course will be $240.00.
|Intake Dates||Year Round|
Hours of study
This course provides Professional Development for health professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 10 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.
The course comprises of the following 7 short courses:
- Assisting Clients with Self-Medication
- Falls Prevention
- Hand Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- Healthy Ageing – An Introduction
- Human Services Quality Standards
- Principles of Manual Handling, Mobility Equipment and Transfers
- Risk Hazard with Common Services
These courses can be completed as individual courses or completed within this bundled course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Identify safe medication support practices
- Identify the common risk factors and safe management principles of falls reduction and prevention
- Recognise the importance of hand hygiene practices and personal protection equipment
- Outline the profound implications of healthy ageing
- Identify the standards developed to protect consumers, the workforce and organisations in Human Services in Australia
- Describe and identify manual handling risks and safe practice management
- Identify common risks and hazards in the home care environment.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Self-paced online study with a Multiple Choice Quiz (MCQ).