Health Care Work in the Community
At a glance
This ten hour course has been developed for the people that work in the community sector caring for others. The course overviews domestic and personal care skills used in the community setting.
The course comprises of seven modules:
- Assisting Clients with Self-Medication
- Falls Prevention
- Hand Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- Healthy Ageing – An Introduction
- Human Services Quality Standards
- Principles of Manual Handling, Mobility Equipment and Transfers
- Risk Hazard with Common Services
Total cost of this course is $240.00 for direct access to the course please visit http://cpheonline.cqu.edu.au/
|Intake Dates||Year Round|
Hours of study
This is a ten hour course completed online.
Successful completion of this course is awarded ten CPD hours.
- Identify safe medication support practices
- Identify the common risk factors and safe management principles of falls reduction and prevention
- Recognise the importance of hand hygiene practices and personal protection equipment
- Outline the profound implications of healthy ageing
- Identify the standards developed to protect consumers, the workforce and organisations in Human Services in Australia
- Describe and identify manual handling risks and safe practice management
- Identify common risks and hazards in the home care environment
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Access to this course is through our Learning Management System at http://cpheonline.cqu.edu.au/
Self-directed online course with quiz.