Skills for Education and Employment (SEE)
The SEE programme is a national training programme providing vocationally oriented training for eligible job seekers (aged 15 - 64). The programme enables job seekers to participate more effectively in training or in the labour force by improving their language, literacy and numeracy skills. If you would like to get back into the workforce, learn skills for a new job, study something new, or return to school, SEE can help you gain the confidence to achieve your goals.
You may be eligible for up to 800 hours of free training with Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) if you are:
- between the ages of 15 and 64
- registered as an active job seeker with Centrelink and looking for full-time work
- not a full-time student
- able to meet the rules on Centrelink benefits and visa status
- assessed as suitable for classes.
The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) programme is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training. CQUniversity delivers the SEE programme on behalf of TAFE Queensland in Mackay and Gladstone.
For more information, download a copy of the SEE programme fact sheet.
For more information visit the background of the SEE programme webpage.
To check your eligibility for the SEE programme:
- call Centrelink on 132 850. For teletypewriter (TTY) enquiries for people with hearing or speech impairments, phone 1800 810 586 or
- speak to your local job active provider.