CQUniCares Emergency Grant
CQUniCares Emergency Grants are funded through the generosity of CQUniversity staff, Alumni and supporters. The Emergency Grants support low-income students in need of urgent financial assistance, helping them to continue their studies.
Scholarship Value: Up to $500
Length of Scholarship: One-off payment
Number Available: Limited number available
Opening Date: 07 August 2017
Closing Date: 31 December 2017
|Study Level||Enabling Program; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; Continuing (2nd year or greater)|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Emergency Grant, an applicant must:
- be enrolled and actively studying in either a CQUniversity Certificate (I-IV); Enabling/Pathway; Undergraduate or Postgraduate program;
- be in receipt of a Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate low/personal family income;
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of a humanitarian visa;
- have not previously received a CQUniCares Emergency Grant in the year of application;
- be facing an unexpected educational expense, or unexpected change of personal situation.
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, supporting documentation and personal statement demonstrating a genuine need for a CQUniCares Emergency Grant by addressing the following:
- How will the Emergency Grant assist you to progress your studies at CQUniversity this year?
Payment of the Grant
Payment of the CQUni Cares Grant will be made via electronic funds transfer within two weeks of the successful outcome.
Terms and Conditions of the Grant
As there is a limited allocation of CQUniCares Emergency Grants, the decision regarding successful applications will be final. The Student Life and Wellbeing Centre reserves the right to the discretionary use of funds.
The required supporting documentation will differ depending on each applicants personal circumstances.
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Medical report or Centrelink Income Statement in relation to disability, medical condition and carer responsibilities.
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
- Relevant invoices or quotes
- Court documents
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
To apply for the CQUni Cares Grant:
- Read the Grant Guidelines
- Complete a Grant Application Form
- Ensure all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Grant Guidelines and Application Form.
- Submit your Grant Application to the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre - refer to the Grant Application Form for submission options.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after they have been assessed.