Renal Nursing - An Introduction - PDC20107
This online Short Course aims to meet the needs of healthcare professionals who care for renal patients/clients in a variety of settings including hospital, rural and remote area based services and community health. Students will obtain general knowledge of evidence-based practice to enable them to provide adequate care of a renal patient within any treatment modality.
The fee for this short course will be $300.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 20 hours
- Outline the structure and main functions of the renal system
- Outline the incidence and/or prevalence of kidney disease
- Identify the risk factors for chronic kidney disease and impairment
- Associate the nursing care to reduce the risks of disease and impairment
- Identify the treatment modalities used to manage acute kidney injury to end-stage kidney disease
- Plan evidence-based nursing care for people with kidney disease using research and best practice.
Online Quizzes and Activity Workbook