QCAA Psychology: Individual Development - PDC65696
Are you a teacher looking to develop your expertise in the Psychology syllabus? If so, this online micro-credential has been designed to complement the work delivered by the QCAA to develop your skills base in the contemporary approaches to teaching and learning in this area. You will learn about the principles of ethical research including the meaning and the critical importance of informed consent and confidentiality in research involving people and especially children and young people under 18 years of age. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion.
12 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the course for one year from enrolment.
This short course has been designed to complement the work delivered by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA) to focus on developing teacher confidence, capability and expertise in the key concepts and topics covered in the Psychology syllabus. It offers subject-specific knowledge and skills needed to underpin effective and contemporary approaches to teaching and learning in the subject. This micro-credential will explore how ethical research prioritises the wellbeing, integrity and dignity of all participants and learn about the principles of ethical research including the meaning and the critical importance of informed consent and confidentiality in research involving people and especially children and young people under 18 years of age.
Our courses are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Standard Course StructureDuration:
12 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the course for one year from enrolment.
- Develop teaching materials that introduce your students to safety and ethics in psychological science
- Explore creative ways to assess knowledge of brain structure and function
- Critically apply knowledge of cognitive development and of human consciousness in the research process
- Use the steps in the research process to design a research study.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this short course, however, it is designed for Secondary School teachers who expect to teach the QCAA Psychology General Senior Syllabus.
Undertaking this course enables Secondary School teachers in Queensland to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired course, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the courses (and micro-credentials) you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of courses (and micro-credentials) on your Dashboard.