Menopause Mayhem and how it Impacts on Exercise Prescription - PDC59136
Are you a fitness professional with an interest in expanding your knowledge around fitness programs for your clients experiencing peri and menopausal effects? If so, keep reading! This online micro-credential will include the right questions to ask to engage empathetically and the right modifications needed to ensure your fitness programming and practices are catering to both peri-menopausal to post-menopausal women. You will learn the distinct differences that impact on results between training older women to older men, and identify where and when to refer clients to other health professionals. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
5 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
Menopause is the official cessation of periods. However, just like puberty, this hormonal shift is unique to each woman in both severity of symptoms and length of duration. These factors have an effect on the health and fitness goals of your peri and postnatal client. There are distinct differences that impact on results between training older women to older men. This online micro-credential will include the right questions to ask to engage empathetically and the right modifications needed to ensure your fitness programming and practices are catering to both menopausal and post-menopausal women.
This micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
5 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Gain a clear understanding of the definition and associated changes related to menopause
- Develop a comprehensive question toolbox to create empathetic engagement
- Outline a range of exercise considerations and modifications for the menopausal client
- Identify where and when to refer clients to other health professionals
- Define appropriate communication to this client group within your scope as a health and fitness professional.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this micro-credential should work or study in the health and/or fitness profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
This micro-credential provides Professional Development for health and/or fitness professionals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.