Management and Negotiation in a Business Setting - PDC71336
Negotiation, and the skills necessary for successful and effective negotiation in a business context are critical to success. If you want to sharpen your skills in this area, this micro-credential is exactly what you need. Along with outlining the role of negotiation in business, you will explore the factors that influence effective negotiation, and be able to identify if a win-win is always desirable in your negotiations. Strategies and tactics are also covered to provide guidance on how managers handle different negotiation styles. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
15 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential outlines the nature of negotiation and the skills necessary for successful and effective negotiation in a business context. The micro-credential will examine the five principles established by Roger Fisher and William Ury's classic text on negotiation, Getting to Yes, and outline the five principles of negotiation described by these authors. An exploration of the methods used by pragmatic negotiators will be provided including the mediation of conflict, the provision of supporting evidence to persuade others of your position, and the promotion of realistic expectations.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
15 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Outline the role of negotiation in business settings
- Identify if a win-win is always desirable in business negotiations
- Describe which factors influence effective negotiation
- Outline how managers handle different negotiation styles
- Reflect on which negotiation strategies and tactics you might use to your advantage.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enroll in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential , students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.