Leading Education for Global Competence - PDC85345
Are you an educator looking to upskill your understanding and implementation of curriculum, pedagogical and whole of school approaches to fostering global citizenship and global competence? If so, this online micro-credential provides you with flexibility to target practical understanding and approaches to education for global competence in promoting social cohesion and fostering the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes students need to effectively engage in a globalised world. Developed in collaboration with the Global Learning Centre this is a great resource for educators! As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This micro-credential is designed to foster the global competence of educators and develop their understanding of the role of education for global citizenship/global competence in promoting social cohesion and fostering the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes students need to effectively engage in a globalised world. The micro-credential consists of four modules containing readings, videos and activities that enable reflection and the application of theory to practice. The modules are shaped by four questions:
- Why do we need education for global citizenship/global competence?
- What do we mean by education for global citizenship/global competence?
- How can educational leaders create the conditions necessary to foster a culture of global citizenship in their context?
- What signature strategies are available to educators who wish to effectively educate for global citizenship/global competence?
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
- Explore the need for education for global citizenship/global competence and its link to social cohesion
- Explore the theory, intent and strategies of education for global citizenship/global competence, including how to engage young people with topics of diversity and inclusion
- Develop the leadership skills needed to foster a culture of global citizenship in an educational context
- Review signature strategies designed to effectively embed education for global citizenship/global competence in existing curricula and pedagogies.
There are no specific entry requirements for students enrolling in this micro-credential.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet the Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements of their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Successful completion of this micro-credential assists registered teachers to meet their professional development requirements and develops participants’ capacity to satisfy the requirements of the following AISTL Professional Standards for Teachers at Highly Accomplished Teacher level: Standard 1.3; Standard 2.1 and 2.4; Standard 3.3; Standard 4.1; and Standard 7.4.
For educators in the Early Childhood sector, successful completion of this micro-credential assists in addressing the following elements from the National Quality Standards: Standard 1.1: Elements 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3; Standard 1.2: Elements 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3; Standard 3.2: Element 3.2.3; Standard 5.1: Elements 5.1.1, 5.1.2; and Standard 5.2: Elements 5.2.1, 5.2.2.
In addition to addressing these standards, this micro-credential offers participants the opportunity to reflect on their practice and develop leadership potential in the field of education for global citizenship and global competence. Such leadership potential aligns strongly with state, national and international policy agendas and, as such, could open opportunities for participants to contribute substantially to the culture of their school or centre. Knowledge and experience in this field would also be highly regarded by potential employers.
For direct access to the micro-credential, visit our Learning Management Site called Be Different and access Leading Education for Global Competence
Simply set up an account on the site to access the micro-credential you wish to study.