Introduction to Chemistry - PDC53017
Are you looking for an introductory or bridging micro-credential to introduce you to the terms, concepts and rules in chemistry? If so, this is exactly what you are looking for! Not only will you cover the terms, concept and rules of chemistry, but you will learn how to relate them to everyday materials and events, placing chemistry within the context of your own experiences. As an introductory micro-credential, this is a brilliant way to expand your knowledge on all things relating to the world of chemistry. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
12 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential introduces the terms, concepts and rules in chemistry, and relates them to everyday materials and events, placing chemistry within the context of your own experiences.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Micro-CredentialDuration: 12 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
On completion of this online micro-credential, students will gain an understanding of the following concepts in chemistry:
- Elements and atoms
- Measurements in chemistry
- Acids and Bases
- Oxidation and reduction reactions
- Organic chemistry.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work or study in the healthcare and/or science profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded a Digital Badge and Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.