Inclusive Education: Introduction to Working with Students with Disabilities in the Classroom - PDC85623
If you are an educator or have an interest in social justice and inclusion, approaches to disability, and the concept of Universal Design in Learning, then this online micro-credential is for you! You will unpack assumptions about disability and gain skills and knowledge to make the classroom a more just and inclusive environment. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
3 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential examines approaches to disability, the concepts of social justice and inclusion, and the concept of Universal Design in Learning (UDL). It is designed to help learners unpack assumptions about disability and suggest ways to make the classroom a more just and inclusive environment.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential that is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
3 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify differences between social and medical models of disability
- Outline the concepts of social justice and inclusion
- Reflect on different scenarios within the teaching and learning context and consider how they might be discriminatory
- Describe the concept of Universal Design in Learning (UDL) and identify ways to promote an inclusive learning environment.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.