TAFE Priority Skills Fund
The TAFE Priority Skills Fund is a Queensland Government subsidy that reduces your cost to study and gives you access to a range of certificate III, certificate IV and diploma programs listed below.
An additional benefit of this funding is that you may be eligible even if you already hold a qualification, giving you a second chance for subsidised training.
To be eligible for training:
- You must be aged 15 years or older.
- You must be no longer at school.
- Permanently reside in Queensland.
- You must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen. Please note: defence personnel, while they may hold evidence of residency, do not meet eligibility/intent of the funded programs.
- Not be admitted or enrolled in another certificate III or higher-level qualification or other subsidised programs at the same time.
- You will be eligible for a second chance. This means you can already hold one qualification from certificate to bachelor degree level and still be eligible subject to the other eligibility criteria. If you hold two qualifications, and one of them is a certificate III, you may still be eligible for a certificate IV or diploma course pending other eligibility.
- Dual qualifications are considered to be two separate qualifications and therefore ineligible for second chance funding.
- A qualification completed at school is excluded from eligibility assessment and therefore does not impact funding entitlement.
- Students must pay a co-contribution fee where required under C3G or HLS policies, and in accordance with CQU fees policy.
- All other Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills policy arrangements apply
- Some courses may require the student to be an existing worker in the related industry.
- Certificate I and II qualifications may be subsidised in certain limited circumstances as per the Certificate 3 Guarantee program policy.
Course specific additional eligibility:
- BSB40320 – Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business. Students must be the owner, manager or employee of a small business in Queensland.
- CHC42015 – Certificate IV in Community Services. Students must be an existing worker in the Community Services industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
- SIT40516 – Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery. Students must be an existing worker in the Tourism and Hospitality industry and must already hold a trade qualification (Certificate III) in the Tourism and Hospitality industry.
- CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services. Students must be an existing worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants to receive subsidy.
- CHCSS00070 – Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set. Student must be an Existing Worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
Eligible students need to be enrolled and participate in study prior to the end of June 2023 to access TAFE Priority Skills Fund. This funding is applicable to unit enrolments. Any gap in your studies may result in you losing access to this funding. This funding is limited and subject to change. Please carefully consider your training options before committing to a training course as this may exhaust your entitlement to further Queensland Government subsidised training.
If you are not eligible for TAFE Priority Skills Fund there may still be other options. These include:
- CQUni TAFE diploma courses are supported by VET Student Loans.
- Payment plans are available to eligible applicants, for details call 13 27 86.
- If you are a job seeker or at risk of unemployment you may be eligible for the Queensland Government’s Back to Work program, call us to find out more on 13 27 86.
Talk to a person
Not sure if you are eligible? Book a conversation with our friendly team.
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30121 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC30221 - Certificate III in School Based Education Support
- CHC40221 - Certificate IV in School Based Education Support
- CHC50121 - Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- TAE40116 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- SIT20116 - Certificate II in Tourism
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20416 - Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- SIT30116 - Certificate III in Tourism
- SIT30616 – Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT40516 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50116 - Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- SIT50416 - Diploma of Hospitality Management
Diploma Course Fees 2022
Certificate Course Fees 2022
Upskill or reskill your staff with TAFE Priority Skills Fund. The co-contribution fee, being the remaining course cost after the Queensland Government subsidy, can be paid by employers for their staff. Eligibility requirements apply. If the employer opts to pay CQUniversity directly, rather than reimburse the employee/student, invoices will be payable as the student enrols in units. The employer will need to complete an Authority to Invoice form, this can then be emailed to email@example.com
More about TAFE Priority Skills Fund
TAFE Priority Skills Fund is an initiative of the Queensland Government’s Department of Employment, Small Business and Training. This funding is provided to CQUniversity as an official TAFE provider to support training in priority growth industries, as well as those that are new and emerging. Eligible students need to be enrolled and participate in study prior to the end of June 2023 to access TAFE Priority Skills Fund. This funding is applicable to unit enrolments. Any gap in your studies may result in you losing access to this funding. This funding is limited and subject to change. Please carefully consider your training options before committing to a training course as this may exhaust your entitlement to further Queensland Government subsidised training.
If you have any questions, please call us on 13 27 86. You can also ask a question via eform.