CQUniCares Student Success VET Scholarship
The CQUniCares Student Success VET Scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to vocational education and training (VET) students who are under financial pressure.
Scholarship Value: $2,500
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: To be confirmed
Opening Date: 15 September 2020
Closing Date: 08 January 2021
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Student Success VET Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in 2021 in either the January, February or March intakes;
- Be enrolled in any of the following:
- VET Certificate III or IV
- VET Diploma;
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income or under financial pressure;
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census Date for the aligned January, February or March intakes;
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa with a permanent home address in Australia;
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
Preference will be given to applicants who are:
- Students studying from regional, remote or very remote locations;
- Students with a medical condition/ disability;
- Students with significant carer responsibilities;
- Students not living in close proximity to a CQUniversity campus;
- Students enrolled in courses with high educational expenses.
Academic progress will be taken into consideration for those applicants who are continuing CQUniversity students.
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 3 paragraphs addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving them
- Community involvement, volunteering activities or demonstration of leadership - Community involvement is a very broad term and can be inclusive of past or current participation. It can include things like being a carer for someone with disabilities, being a player/coach/referee for sports, involvement in charity fun runs/shave for a cure, religious or cultural groups, being a blood donor, holding a first aid/CPR or bronze medallion, any previous emergency services/cadets/reserves/military service.
- Life experiences - Tell us a bit about yourself.
Expectations of Recipients
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete the “budgeting” pathway + 1 (one) other module of their choice prior to payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in April 2021 after final eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks.
Payment for $2,500 will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Personal statement
- Any document demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documents demonstrating low income/ financial hardship
Possible required income documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under the age of 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (if in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements (if no other documents can be provided)
Please note if students are under the age of 22 and not deemed “Independent” by Centrelink, parental income documents will be required.
To apply for the CQUniCares Student Success VET Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
CQUniCares Student Success VET Scholarships are made possible by generous alumni, staff community partners and friends who are committed to seeing our students succeed. Much of these funds are donated annually during the CQUniCares Appeal.