CQUniCares Lord Mayor's Multicultural Business Scholarship
CQUniCares Lord Mayor’s Multicultural Business Scholarship assist students with tuition fees and Student Services & Amenities Fee (SSAF) associated with studying at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000 in tuition and SSAF fees
Length of Scholarship: Up to 2 (two) Years
Opening Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive a CQUniCares Lord Mayor's Multicultural Business Scholarship successful applicants must:
- be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2020
- be enrolled in a CQUniversity Master of Business Administration (Leadership) [CL39]
- be personally residing in the Brisbane City Council local government area
- be from a multicultural or culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) background, and be either born overseas or with at least one natural parent born in a country other than Australia
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- be enrolled at Census date in Term 2, 2020
- not be receiving any other CQUniversity scholarship of similar of higher value
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Ongoing Eligibility Criteria
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points or more as at Census date in Term 1, 2021
Expectations of Recipients
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
Payment will be made towards the successful applicants’ tuition fees and Student Services & Amenities Fees.
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript or similar document demonstrating previous academic achievement/success
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the CQUniCares Lord Mayor's Multicultural Business Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.