Follow Safe Work Practices for Direct Client Care - PDC52475
If you are a healthcare worker you will require the skills and knowledge to participate in safe work practices, to ensure your own health and safety and that of others in your work environment involving direct client care. If you are interested in learning more about maintaining safety for the worker, the people being supported and other community members, this online micro-credential is for you. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
1 hour online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credentials describes the skills and knowledge required for a healthcare worker to participate in safe work practices, to ensure their own health and safety and that of others in work environments involving direct care for clients. The micro-credential focuses on maintaining safety for the worker, the people being supported and other community members.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Micro-CredentialDuration: 1 hour online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Understand the process of following safe work practices for providing direct client care
- Outline the process of following safe work practices for manual handling
- Understand the principles of following safe work practices for infection control
- Knowledge of how to contribute to safe work practices in the workplace
- Able to reflect on your own work places.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.