Follow Safe Work Practices for Direct Client Care - PDC52475
This online micro-credentials describes the skills and knowledge required for a healthcare worker to participate in safe work practices, to ensure their own health and safety and that of others in work environments involving direct care for clients. The micro-credential focuses on maintaining safety for the worker, the people being supported and other community members.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Standard Micro-Credential StructureDuration: 1 hour
- Understand the process of following safe work practices for providing direct client care
- Outline the process of following safe work practices for manual handling
- Understand the principles of following safe work practices for infection control
- Knowledge of how to contribute to safe work practices in the workplace
- Able to reflect on your own work places.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.