Developing Fitness Programs for Older Adults - PDC54057
Learn about pre-screening, testing and programming for older adults in this self-paced online course, along with the physical and mental effects of ageing. Considerations for working and/or referring to Allied Health Professional is described for this population. If you are a Registered Exercise Professional with Fitness Australia as a Group Exercise/Gym Instructor or greater, you will also be eligible to attain 1 Fitness Australia CEC point on the successful completion of this course. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential provides an overview of the prescreening, testing and programming for older adults in developing health and fitness goals and programs. Chronic health issues experienced by the older population are discussed in relation to the physical and mental effects of ageing. Considerations for working and/or referring to Allied Health Professional is described for this population.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Micro-credentialDuration: 4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Outline the physical activity guidelines recommended for older adults
- Describe recommended prescreening and fitness testing in the older adult
- Identify strategies in falls prevention in the fitness setting
- Describe the programming of exercise for the older adult including cardiovascular, strength and conditioning and progression programs
- Consider additional safety concerns to address in the older populations in the fitness setting
- Analyse the referral pathways for Medical and Allied Health Professionals in managing fitness programs for older people with health considerations.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this micro-credential are expected to have successfully completed a fitness professional qualification of Certificate IV in Fitness or greater.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
If you are a Registered Exercise Professional with Fitness Australia as a Group Exercise/Gym Instructor or greater, you will also be eligible to attain 1 Fitness Australia CEC on the successful completion of this micro-credential. On successful completion of the quizzes your Certificate will be available. You will be required to upload that certificate into your CEC diary on your Fitness Australia account and you will be able to select your approved course (micro-credential). This will apply the CEC to your account. A team member from Fitness Australia will review the uploaded certificate as soon as possible to verify that it matches the selected course.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.
Ready to get started?
If you are new to CQUniversity's Be Different platform, you'll need to create an account to get started. Setting up an account takes less than a minute.
Step 1: Once you hit the apply now button below, our Be Different platform will open in a new window. Click the 'CPD Micro-Credential Courses' green button to create your account.
Step 2: Click the 'sign up now' link that appears toward the bottom of the login screen. You will need to enter a valid email address to allow you to receive an initial verification code and proceed to finalise your account.
Step 3: Enter your contact details to finalise your account.
You will be taken to our Be Different platform where you can now search for your course and pay the course fee to access your course content.Be Different.If you need help creating an account, or logging into your account, email our team CPDemail@example.com.