Dementia Explained - PDC56732
If you have an interest in the basic overviews of anatomy and physiology of the brain and how different dementias result in a variety of malfunctions, then this micro-credential is for you. You will compare cognitive impairment in normal ageing processes and dementia, and explore the symptoms, causes, diagnosis and impacts of dementia. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
10 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential introduces the challenges facing Australia with the projected prevalence of Dementia in the near future. The micro-credential introduces basic overviews of anatomy and physiology of the brain and how different dementias result in a variety of malfunctions. Cognitive impairment in normal ageing processes and dementia are compared and explained, whilst looking into the symptoms, causes, diagnosis and impacts of Dementia.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Micro-credentialDuration: 10 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify strategies for a whole-of-community approach to face the challenges of Dementia in Australia
- Outline the main functions of the lobes of the brain and the functions of neurons within the brain
- Determine the possible outcomes of injury/malfunction for each particular lobe
- Compare cognitive changes in the normal ageing process
- Investigate the main topics for research in therapies for Alzheimer's disease
- Examine the condition of Alzheimer’s disease including causes, diagnoses and trajectory
- Compare and contrast various types of dementias.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.