Communication in Healthcare - PDC20076
As health professionals, our range of services are as varied as our clients. Health communication is shaped by many influences. Communication is an active involvement of seeking, processing and sharing information of our understanding and shared meanings. This online Short Course provides an overview of the communication skills involved in health care required to provide effective and meaningful care to clients.
The fee for this short course will be $220.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 9 hours
- Identify the role of the nurse in information handling
- Identify the characteristics of quality information
- Describe the information systems required in health
- Outline information security and confidentiality.
The course comprises of the following 7 short courses:
- Clinical Handover - Principles of Clinical Communication
- Communication at the End of Life
- Effective Communication in Health Care
- Dealing with Aggression - An Introduction
- Professional Boundaries - A Health Professional's guide
- Reporting Elder Abuse in the Community Setting
- Writing Progress Notes - An Introduction
These courses can be completed as individual courses or completed within this bundled course.
This course provides Professional Development for health professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 9 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.