Communication in Health Care - PDC20076
Are you in the healthcare industry looking to further develop your communication skills? Health communication is shaped by many influences and is a vehicle for seeking, processing and sharing information of our understanding and shared meanings. Learn more about communication skills involved in healthcare in order to provide effective and meaningful care to your clients. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
As health professionals, our range of services are as varied as our clients. Health communication is shaped by many influences. Communication is an active involvement of seeking, processing and sharing information of our understanding and shared meanings. This online micro-credential provides an overview of the communication skills involved in health care required to provide effective and meaningful care to clients.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
The fee for this micro-credential is $120.
Standard Micro-credential StructureDuration: 9 hours
- Identify the role of the nurse in information handling
- Identify the characteristics of quality information
- Describe the information systems required in health
- Outline information security and confidentiality.
The course comprises the following 7 micro-credentials:
- Clinical Handover - Principles of Clinical Communication
- Communication at the End of Life
- Effective Communication in Health Care
- Dealing with Aggression - An Introduction
- Professional Boundaries - A Health Professional's guide
- Reporting Elder Abuse in the Community Setting
- Writing Progress Notes - An Introduction.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.