Communication in Health Care - PDC20076
Are you in the healthcare industry looking to further develop your communication skills? Health communication is shaped by many influences and is a vehicle for seeking, processing and sharing information of our understanding and shared meanings. Learn more about communication skills involved in healthcare in order to provide effective and meaningful care to your clients. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
9 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
As health professionals, our range of services are as varied as our clients. Health communication is shaped by many influences. Communication is an active involvement of seeking, processing and sharing information of our understanding and shared meanings. This online micro-credential provides an overview of the communication skills involved in health care required to provide effective and meaningful care to clients.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Micro-credentialDuration: 9 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the role of the nurse in information handling
- Identify the characteristics of quality information
- Describe the information systems required in health
- Outline information security and confidentiality.
The course comprises the following 7 micro-credentials:
- Clinical Handover - Principles of Clinical Communication
- Communication at the End of Life
- Effective Communication in Health Care
- Dealing with Aggression - An Introduction
- Professional Boundaries - A Health Professional's guide
- Reporting Elder Abuse in the Community Setting
- Writing Progress Notes - An Introduction.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.