Clinical Leadership: Coaching and Mentoring in Health Care - PDC50265
The purpose of both coaching and mentoring is to help and support people to manage their own learning and to maximise individual potential, skills, performance and personal development. This online Short Course provides a unique environment in which students can expand their knowledge and understanding of coaching and mentoring in the clinical setting. The course aims to provide theoretical understanding, experiential knowledge, and skills necessary to equip graduates to undertake coaching and/or mentoring in a range of contexts. In addition, students will explore how to assist others in the practical skills and understanding needed for successful one-to-one support.
The fee for this short course will be $240.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 10 hours
- Demonstrate knowledge and aptitude in coaching and mentoring in the clinical setting
- Demonstrate principles of coaching and mentoring
- Apply foundational models of coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrate the core competencies of a coach and mentor in the clinical setting
- Differentiate between preceptor, coach, and mentor
- Develop an understanding of personal approaches to coaching and mentoring, and demonstrate an understanding of adult approaches to learning and how to give feedback and establish the coach/mentor relationship.
Online Quiz and Online Activities