Australian Health Care System - An Introduction - PDC20071
It can be daunting trying to navigate our health system. This online micro-credential will introduce you to the different contexts of healthcare in Australia and outline some of the major types of health services. It will also touch on the health care services that are provided to the vulnerable groups in our society and explain the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
1 hour online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential will explain and introduce you to the different contexts of healthcare in Australia and outline some of the major types of health services. It will also touch on the health care services that are provided to the vulnerable groups in our society and explain the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
1 hour online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Explain the role of government in the provision of healthcare in Australia
- Outline the National health Safety Quality Service Standards
- Explore contemporary models of healthcare utilised in Australia
- Recognise some of the vulnerable groups in Australia and list the health and support services available to them.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.