Asthma - An Introduction to Management - PDC20070
This free online micro-credential has been developed in partnership with the National Asthma Council Australia for basic asthma management. Asthma is a common airways disease in Australia with 1 in 10 people suffering from this disease. It will provide a brief introduction of physiology and pathology of an asthma airway, common symptoms, medication management, first aid interventions and the Asthma Action Plan.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Standard Micro-credential StructureDuration: 1 hour
- Explain the effects of asthma on the airways
- List the three main factors that are known to increase the likelihood of developing asthma
- Identify common triggers of asthma
- Identify the common symptoms of asthma
- Recall first aid interventions for a person with a severe asthma flare-up
- Recognise the essential elements of an Asthma Action Plan and the treatment regime.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.