Asthma - An Introduction to Management - PDC20070
This free online Short Course has been developed in partnership with the National Asthma Council Australia for basic asthma management. Asthma is a common airways disease in Australia with 1 in 10 people suffering from this disease. The course provides a brief introduction of physiology and pathology of an asthma airway, common symptoms, medication management, first aid interventions and the Asthma Action Plan.
There is no fee associated with this short course.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 1 hour
- Explain the effects of asthma on the airways
- List the three main factors that are known to increase the likelihood of developing asthma
- Identify common triggers of asthma
- Identify the common symptoms of asthma
- Recall first aid interventions for a person with a severe asthma flare-up
- Recognise the essential elements of an Asthma Action Plan and the treatment regime.
This course provides Professional Development for health professionals and members of the community that have a personal interest in Asthma management.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 1 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hour and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.