Aspiring Nurse Leaders Program for Registered Nurses - PDC56517
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking to progress your career and upskill your professional development towards leadership and mentoring roles? If so, this non-creditable micro-credential is what you’re looking for. You will cover pedagogical and andragogical approaches to teaching and learning, evaluate how teaching and learning preferences can impact in the coaching and mentoring relationship, and apply knowledge of adult learning theory to coaching and mentoring activities. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential introduces the Registered Nurse (RN) to beginning level management tools in their career management towards a leadership and mentoring role.
There are five modules to complete as part of this short course:
Module 1: Adult Learning
Module 2: Reflective Practice
Module 3: Delegation and Accountability of the RN
Module 4: Communication in Healthcare
Module 5: Coaching and Mentoring in the Practice Setting.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Standard Micro-credential StructureDuration: 6 hours
- Compare and contrast the pedagogical and andragogical approaches to teaching and learning
- Evaluate the ways in which teaching styles and learning preferences can impact in the coaching and mentoring relationship
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory to coaching and mentoring activities.
- Identify the key elements of reflective practice
- Recognise the theoretical models of reflection
- Describe the process of reflective practice.
Delegation and Accountability of the RN
- Explain the difference between accountability and responsibility
- Identify the major roles and responsibilities of the RN, Enrolled Nurse (EN) and Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Outline the concepts of assignment, delegation and supervision.
Communication in Healthcare
- Identify key concepts in effective communication
- Recognise the importance of communication in the health setting
- Apply the fundamentals of effective communication in relationships and workplace documentation.
Coaching and Mentoring in the Practice Setting
- Articulate an understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of coaching and mentoring
- Define the terms coach, mentor and preceptor
- Communicate a working definition of coaching and mentoring to colleagues in the workplace
- Analyse the relationship between coaching-mentoring and training.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this course, however, the course is suitable for Registered Nurses.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.