PDC73556 - Adolescent-to-Parent Violence
|Duration||6 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
If you have an interest in developing the skills and knowledge to appropriately identify adolescent-to-parent violence and support families where there is adolescent violence at home, this online micro-credential is ideal. You will learn how to identify the links between adolescent violence and trauma and reflect on core aspects of attachment and the initial stages of case planning support for families experiencing adolescent-to-parent violence. You will also gain a comprehensive understanding on how to assist clients to create sustained safety within the house, activities parents and carers can use to support young people and how to plan for the family’s future. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This is online micro-credential provides the participant with the skills and knowledge to appropriately identify adolescent-to-parent violence and support families where there is adolescent violence at home. The micro-credential defines adolescent-to-parent violence and highlights the links between adolescent violence and trauma. Participants will reflect on core aspects of attachment and the initial stages of case planning support for families experiencing adolescent-to-parent violence, and in the final component of the micro-credential will gain a comprehensive understanding on how to assist clients to create sustained safety within the house, activities parents and carers can use to support young people and how to plan for the family’s future. In essence, the course will cover both the theory behind adolescent-to-parent violence and the practical skills needed to create a safe and effective case plan.
This micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential , students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
6 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify core aspects of the impact of interpersonal trauma on the brain
- Reflect on the requirements for documentation of adolescent to–parent violence within an intake scenario
- Outline the introductory aspects of attachment theory and how these apply to support work with adolescents
- Develop a non-violence plan and be able to assess both safety and risk in a basic case plan
- Describe certain emotional regulation activities and implement them within a case plan
- Identify more advanced aspects of attachment theory and how they relate to parental capacity.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in thismicro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.