PDC86983 - Timber Technology and Design PD Workshop
|Duration||Professional Development Course is 24 hours.|
|Study mode||Mixed Mode|
Are you a teacher who requires upskilling or developing your foundational skills in the ITD teaching area? If so, this workshop will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of teaching in an ITD class, along with important teaching, classroom management and administration tips from practicing teachers. During this 3-day workshop you will be introduced to projects and procedures used by Industrial Technology and Design (ITD) teachers who teach in the middle years (7-10). You will be required to complete 5 school projects which are aligned to certain year levels and be provided with suggested techniques and practical skills that are helpful in the teaching of Timberwork students. For further information and workshop dates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org This workshop is awarded a Certificate of Attendance as evidence of your Professional Development.
The aim of this Professional Development Course is to provide you with the foundational skills required to teach a Middle Year Timberwork class. This workshop provides an introduction into projects and procedures used by Industrial Technology & Design (ITD) teachers in the teaching students in the Middle Years 7-10. During the 3 days you will be assessed on your knowledge and understanding of processes and procedures. You will be introduced to the different hand tools and equipment used in a Timberwork classroom. You will be required to complete 5 school projects which are aligned to certain year levels. You will be provided with suggested techniques and practical skills that are helpful in the teaching of Timberwork students. You will receive important teaching, classroom management and administration tips from practicing teachers.
This 3-Day PD Workshop includes:
Knowledge of use in production processes will be gained through working with industrial machinery, digital and hand tool technologies. Students will design, develop, adapt and evaluate projects utilising a hands-on approach, applying skills of working with timber.
Resources provided for participants:
All consumables (i.e. materials necessary to undertake workshop activities).
This is a Professional Development Course which is awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Undertaking this workshop enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the workshop, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Standard Workshop StructureDuration:
Professional Development Course is 24 hours.
On completion of the content and workshop students will gain an understanding of:
1. The theory of woodwork in context of school-based learning
2. Requirements to complete typical projects made by students years 7 to 10 with demonstrations
3. Appropriate teaching and assessment techniques
4. Practical classroom management strategies
5. Hand skills and use of hand tools
6. Reading plans, writing work procedures
7. Workshop planning and maintenance
8. Workplace Health and Safety in the classroom.
- 3 Day Practical Skills Workshop
- Written Assessment.
Teachers working in Queensland who need to upskill in the discipline. The workshop is limited to 4 students only.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.