PDC86979 - Design and Manufacturing PD Workshop
|Duration||Professional Development Course is 24 hours.|
|Study mode||Mixed Mode|
If you are looking to upskill and equip yourself with the skills to deliver interdisciplinary Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths (STEM)-Based projects with particular emphasis on Computer Aided Design (CAD), computational fluid dynamics and computer numerical controlled machining, this 3 day3-day workshop is for you! You will engage in engineering design process to research, design, and develop a small CO2 gas powered car, and learn how to model design ideas using CAD software, virtually testing designs using CDF software and documenting the development of a design from start to finish in the form of a design folio. For further information and workshop dates please contact email@example.com This workshop is awarded a Certificate of Attendance as evidence of your Professional Development.
This Professional Development Workshop provides an introduction to F1 in Schools Challenge and equips participants with the skills and experience to deliver interdisciplinary Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths (STEM) projects with particular emphasis on Computer Aided Design (CAD), computational fluid dynamics and computer numerical controlled machining. You will engage in the engineering design process to research, design and develop a small C02 gas powered car. This involves learning how to model design ideas using CAD software, virtually testing designs using CDF software and documenting the development of a design from start to finish in the form of a design folio. During the 3 days you will be assessed on the knowledge and understanding of the processes and procedures.
Students will need access to the following:
- F1 in Schools Rules and regulations (2015 Technical Regulations)
- Car Aerodynamics Basics and How-To Design Tips
This is a Professional Development Course which is awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Undertaking this Professional Development Course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential , students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Course Structure 1Duration:
Professional Development Course is 24 hours.
On completion of the online content and workshop students will gain an understanding of:
- The theory of manufacturing in context of school-based learning
- Requirements to complete typical projects made by students in years 7 to 10 with demonstrations of appropriate teaching and assessment techniques
- Practical classroom management strategies
- Hand skills
- Reading plans, writing work procedures
- Workshop planning and maintenance
- Workplace Health and Safety in the classroom.
- Practical Course Work
- Practical Test
- Design Assessment
Teachers working in Queensland who need to upskill in the discipline. The workshop is limited to 4 students only.
Students will need to access to the following:
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.