PDC61662 - Sexuality Issues of Women with Disabilities
|Duration||4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Sexuality issues are regularly disregarded by professionals when people present with disabling physical and neurological conditions. Increasing recognition in many fields of health regarding the legitimacy and extent to which sexuality is a concern in different areas of service provision has led to a demand to discuss women’s disabilities and the inevitable effects on their sexual responsiveness. This online micro-credential will provide practice considerations when working with women with disabilities to provide effective support to clients and their relatives. It will will also provide guidance on how to address sexuality issues in a respectful manner and not shy away from discussing people with disabilities’ vulnerability to sexual violence. Human rights principles of dignity, equality and mutual respect along with promoting the rights of clients are examined.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Understand the conceptualisation of ‘disability’
- Identify overt and covert discrimination in relation to sexuality
- Describe different facets of sexual coercion
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of classification systems
- Identify barriers to help-seeking
- Describe the elements of the treatment model ‘disability-affirmative therapy’.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.