Work Assistance Program
This is a Queensland Government initiative for people with pre-existing work-related skills to gain a formal qualification that reflects these skills, without having to undergo the traditional training process. The process by which this is undertaken is called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
There are no fees for eligible applicants in this program, provided participants complete their assessment and/or training and gain a Statement of Attainment by the 30th of June 2021. If additional “gap” training is required to gain the qualification, other funding may be available or a cost per unit may be applicable.
This funding is only available to 30 June 2021, so is therefore suitable for workers with extensive experience and the time to complete the assessment process.
Eligible participants are individuals who
- are aged 15 years of age or over; and
- permanently reside in Queensland; and
- are an Australian citizen, or a New Zealand citizen, or hold an eligible visa as identified by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training; or
- meet any additional eligibility requirements identified through this initiative.
Individuals NOT eligible for this program include secondary school students, employees of government departments, government agencies, local councils and CQUniversity employees.
The following list outlines all courses that may be subsidised.
- CHC30213 – Certificate III in Education Support
- BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management
- CHC30113 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50113 - Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC52015 - Diploma of Community Services
- CHC32015 – Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support
- SIS30315 - Certificate III in Fitness
- SIT30116 - Certificate III in Tourism
- SIT30616 – Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT50116 - Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- SIT50416 - Diploma of Hospitality Management
Learn more about Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and apply or if you have any queries please call us on 13 27 86.