TAFE Priority Training Program (TPTP)
The TAFE Priority Training Program, funded by the Queensland Government, will provide extra support to eligible Queensland residents by reducing the upfront costs involved with studying a specific range of certificate III, certificate IV and diploma programs.
A Second Chance to Study
If you already have a qualification but would like to improve your career prospects, train for a new occupation or pursue your passion then now is the time to contact us as you may also be able to benefit from the Queensland Governments TAFE Priority Training Program.
The TAFE Priority Training Program is all about providing Queenslanders with even more access to training in qualifications in high priority areas as funded by the Queensland Governments Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher-Level Skills programs. The courses offered by CQUniversity in the high priority areas are listed below.
To be eligible for training:
- You must be aged 15 years or older;
- You must be no longer at school
- Permanently reside in Queensland;
- You must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen. Please note: defence personnel, while they may hold evidence of residency, do not meet eligibility/intent of the funded programs.
- Not be enrolled in another certificate III or higher-level qualification or other subsidised programs at the same time.
- You will be available for a second chance only – not a third or fourth chance. Dual qualifications are considered to be two separate qualifications and therefore ineligible for second chance funding.
- Second chance does not apply to school students under VETiS
- Students must pay a co-contribution fee where required under C3G or HLS policies, and in accordance with CQU fees policy
- All other Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills policy arrangements apply.
HIGH PRIORITY COURSES
The following list outlines all courses that may be subsidised.
- 10283NAT Certificate IV in Crime and Justice Studies
- 10284NAT Diploma of Crime and Justice Studies
- AHC30716 Certificate III in Horticulture
- AHC31416 Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration
- CUA31115 Certificate III in Visual Arts
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education
- CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support
- CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
- CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
- FNS30315 Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
- FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
- HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
- ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- ICT50115 Diploma of Information Technology
- MSL30116 Certificate III in Laboratory Skills
- MSL40116 Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
- SIT30116 Certificate III in Tourism
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
- SHB30315 Certificate III in Nail Technology
- SHB30115 Certificate III in Beauty Services
- SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness
- TLI31616 Certificate III in Warehousing Operations