TAFE Priority Skills Fund
The TAFE Priority Skills Fund is a Queensland Government subsidy that reduces your cost to study and gives you access to a range of certificate III, certificate IV and diploma programs listed below.
An additional benefit of this funding is that you may be eligible even if you already hold a qualification, giving you a second chance for subsidised training.
To be eligible for training:
- You must be aged 15 years or older.
- You must be no longer at school.
- Permanently reside in Queensland.
- You must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen. Please note: defence personnel, while they may hold evidence of residency, do not meet eligibility/intent of the funded programs.
- Not be enrolled in another certificate III or higher-level qualification or other subsidised programs at the same time.
- You will be eligible for a second chance only – not a third or fourth chance. Dual qualifications are considered to be two separate qualifications and therefore ineligible for second chance funding.
- A second chance does not apply to school students under VETiS.
- Students must pay a co-contribution fee where required under C3G or HLS policies, and in accordance with CQU fees policy.
- All other Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills policy arrangements apply
- Some courses may require the student to be an existing worker in the related industry.
- Certificate I and II qualifications may be subsidised in certain limited circumstances as per the Certificate 3 Guarantee program policy.
Please carefully consider your training options before committing to a training course as this may exhaust your entitlement to further Queensland Government subsidised training.
If you are not eligible for TAFE Priority Skills Fund there may still be other options. These include:
- CQUni TAFE diploma courses are supported by VET Student Loans.
- Payment plans are available to eligible applicants, for details call 13 27 86.
- If you are a job seeker or at risk of unemployment you may be eligible for the Queensland Government’s Back to Work program, call us to find out more on 13 27 86.
- HLT33015 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
- HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- HLT35015 - Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- HLT40113 - Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT40213 - Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice
- HLT54115 - Diploma of Nursing
- SIT20116 - Certificate II in Tourism
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20416 - Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- SIT30116 - Certificate III in Tourism
- SIT30616 – Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT40516 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50116 - Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- SIT50416 - Diploma of Hospitality Management
More about TAFE Priority Skills Fund
TAFE Priority Skills Fund is an initiative of the Queensland Government’s Department of Employment, Small Business and Training. This funding is provided to CQUniversity as an official TAFE provider to support training in priority growth industries, as well as those that are new and emerging. TAFE Priority Skills Fund is available until 30 June 2023.
If you have any questions, please call us on 13 27 86. You can also ask a question via eform.