Higher Level Skills (HLS)
This is a Queensland Government initiative that will offset the cost of a Certificate IV or higher course so that Queenslanders can gain advanced skills to secure employment or further their careers. This subsidy is available to any Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident, or temporary resident with the necessary visa. Students will need to co-contribute to the payment of the course. The level of the government subsidy depends on the demand for workers in your chosen field.
To be eligible for the HLS, you must meet the following criteria:
- not hold or be currently enrolled in a certificate IV or higher level qualification (does not include qualifications completed in secondary school)
- be 15 years or older
- have completed or left secondary school
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in Queensland, or New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland
- Some courses may require the student to be an existing worker in the related industry.
For more information, check out the Higher Level Skills (HLS) Fact Sheet or visit the Queensland Government Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website, or call 13 27 86.
High Level Courses
The following list outlines all courses that may be subsidised.
- 10283NAT Certificate IV in Crime and Justice Studies
- 10284NAT - Diploma of Crime and Justice Studies
- BSB42518 - Certificate IV in Small Business Management
- CHC42015 - Certificate IV in Community Services
- CHC43115 - Certificate IV in Disability
- CHC43415 - Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- CHC50113 - Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC52015 - Diploma of Community Services
- CUA51115 - Diploma of Visual Arts
- FNS40217 - Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting
- HLT40113 - Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT40213 - Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice
- HLT54115 - Diploma of Nursing
- ICT50118 - Diploma of Information Technology
- MSL40118 - Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
- SHB50115 - Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- SIT40516 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50116 - Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- SIT50416 - Diploma of Hospitality Management
If you have any questions, please call us on 13 27 86. You can also ask a question via eform.