Higher Level Skills (HLS)
This is a Queensland Government initiative that will offset the cost of a Certificate IV or higher course so that Queenslanders can gain advanced skills to secure employment or further their careers. This subsidy is available to any Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident, or temporary resident with the necessary visa. Students will need to co-contribute to the payment of the course. The level of the government subsidy depends on the demand for workers in your chosen field.
To be eligible, you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with an eligible visa subclass
- be 15 years old or over
- live in Queensland and have left school
- not already have, or be enrolled in a certificate IV level or higher qualification, not including qualifications completed at secondary school
- Some courses may require the student to be an existing worker in the related industry.
For more information, check out the Higher Level Skills (HLS) Fact Sheet or visit the Queensland Government Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website, or call 13 27 86.
High Level Courses
The following list outlines all courses that may be subsidised.
- 10283NAT - Certificate IV in Crime and Justice Studies
- 10284NAT - Diploma of Crime and Justice Studies
- BSB42518 - Certificate IV in Small Business Management
- CHC40213 - Certificate IV in Education Support
- CHC42015 - Certificate IV in Community Services
- CHC43115 - Certificate IV in Disability
- CHC50113 - Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC52015 - Diploma of Community Services
- CUA51115 - Diploma of Visual Arts
- FNS40217 - Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting
- HLT40113 - Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT40213 - Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice
- HLT54115 - Diploma of Nursing
- ICT50118 - Diploma of Information Technology
- MSL40118 - Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
- SHB50115 - Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- SIT40516 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50116 - Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- SIT50416 - Diploma of Hospitality Management
If you have any questions, please call us on 13 27 86. You can also ask a question via eform.