To be eligible for the concession fee, you must be eligible to access subsidised training, as well as meet the eligibility requirements.
To be eligible you must meet one of the following criteria:
- have, or be listed on an Australian Government Low Income Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
- hold a Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- if you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- if you have a disability.
You also need to:
- be 15 years or older and no longer in school
- live in Queensland full time
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident, or temporary resident with the necessary visa or work permits.
Proof of eligibility
Proof of eligibility may be requested to support your concession status, such as:
- proof of I.D. (e.g. birth certificate, student ID with photo, passport, driver's license)
- advice from the Department of Education, Training and Employment (DETE) that Abstudy has been approved
- a declaration from the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community group or from TAFE Queensland Brisbane's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander officer.
For more information, please call our friendly Student Advice Team on 13 27 86.