Free TAFE for Year 12 Graduates
Thanks to the Queensland Government, if you are a Queensland resident and have graduated Year 12 with a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE), and are keen to start your studies within the next calendar year, you may be eligible to study at CQUniversity fee-free in high-priority study areas under the Certificate 3 Guarantee and User Choice programs.
The Queensland government has identified a number of industries with a high demand for trained workers. To help fill these gaps, they will pay the full cost of a number of certificate III qualifications in high-priority study areas under the Certificate 3 Guarantee and User Choice programs. This is an opportunity for school leavers to gain the important skills and training they need before starting their university studies or careers - debt-free.
To be eligible for free TAFE training:
- You must have completed year 12 in Queensland
- You must hold a Senior Statement issued by the Queensland Studies Authority or the Queensland
- Curriculum and Assessment Authority or equivalent
- You must enrol in your chosen course by the end of the calendar year following your completion of year 12 (e.g. if you graduated in 2019, you must enrol before the end of 2020)
- You must not be enrolled in a Certificate III qualification (Certificate 3 Guarantee) or higher-level (Higher Level Skills training) or have completed a Certificate II, Certificate III, Certificate IV, Diploma or Bachelor Degree post-school.
- You must live permanently in Queensland.
For more information, check out the Year 12 Graduates Fee-free Training information page or visit the Queensland Government Department of Training and Employment website, or call us on 13 27 86.
Fully Subsidised Courses
The below table outlines the list of fully subsidised courses available at CQUniversity in 2020 for Year 12 graduates (who meet the criteria above).
AHC20416 – Certificate II in Horticulture (15 Units)
AHC30716 – Certificate III in Horticulture (16 Units)
CHC30113 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (18 units)
CHC30213 – Certificate III in Education Support (17 units)
CHC32015 – Certificate III in Community Services (12 Units)
CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (13 Units)
SIT20316 – Certificate II in Hospitality (12 Units)
SIT20416 – Certificate II in Kitchen Operations (13 Units)
SIT30616 – Certificate III in Hospitality (15 Units)
MSL20118 – Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement (8 Units)
MSL30118 – Certificate III in Laboratory Skills (13 Units)
HLT23215 - Certificate II in Health Support Services (12 units)
HLT33015 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance (11 units)
HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (15 units)
HLT35015 - Certificate III in Dental Assisting (11 units)*
To find out more about the free apprenticeships and traineeships go to the CQUni free apprenticeships for under 21’s.
Please carefully consider your training options before committing to a training course as this may exhaust your entitlement to further Queensland Government subsidised training.