Free TAFE for under 25s
Free TAFE for under 25’s lets you gain a qualification in a high-priority study area without the cost. Start your career with the skills that are in demand with employers. Free TAFE for under 25’s is exclusive to CQUniversity as an official TAFE provider. This funding is an initiative of the Queensland Government’s Department of Employment, Small Business and Training.
To be eligible for free TAFE training, you must:
- be aged under 25 years at the point of enrolment and not be at school;
- permanently reside in Queensland;
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen;
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
Individuals who hold a visa must also ensure their visa subclass is eligible for subsidised training.
Please carefully consider your training options before committing to a training course as this may exhaust your entitlement to further Queensland Government subsidised training.
Talk to a person
Not sure if you are eligible? Book a conversation with our friendly team.
Fully Subsidised Courses
The below table outlines the list of fully subsidised courses available at CQUniversity in 2022 for under 25s (who meet the criteria above).
AHC20416 – Certificate II in Horticulture
AHC30716 – Certificate III in Horticulture
CHC30121 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
CHC30221 - Certificate III in School Based Education Support
CHC32015 – Certificate III in Community Services
CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support
SIT20316 – Certificate II in Hospitality
SIT20416 – Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
SIT30616 – Certificate III in Hospitality
MSL20118 – Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement
MSL30118 – Certificate III in Laboratory Skills
HLT23215 - Certificate II in Health Support Services
HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
HLT35021 - Certificate III in Dental Assisting*
To find more subsidised courses go to TAFE Subsidised Training.
FIND MORE COURSES AT REDUCED FEES
Explore our range of other reduced fee courses available through TAFE Priority Skills Fund.
* You will need to be working in the industry to satisfy the assessment requirements and work hours for the units of competency within this qualification.