Free TAFE for under 25s
Thanks to the Queensland Government Free TAFE for under 25’s lets you gain a qualification in a high-priority study area without the cost. Start your career with the skills that are in demand with employers. Free TAFE for under 25’s is exclusive to CQUniversity as an official TAFE provider.
To be eligible for free TAFE training, you must:
- be aged under 25 years at the point of enrolment and not be at school;
- permanently reside in Queensland;
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen;
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
Individuals who hold a visa must also ensure their visa subclass is eligible for subsidised training.
Fully Subsidised Courses
The below table outlines the list of fully subsidised courses available at CQUniversity in 2021 for under 25s (who meet the criteria above).
AHC20416 – Certificate II in Horticulture (15 Units)
AHC30716 – Certificate III in Horticulture (16 Units)
CHC30113 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (18 units)
CHC30213 – Certificate III in Education Support (17 units)
CHC32015 – Certificate III in Community Services (12 Units)
CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services (9 units)
CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (13 Units)
SIT20316 – Certificate II in Hospitality (12 Units)
SIT20416 – Certificate II in Kitchen Operations (13 Units)
SIT30616 – Certificate III in Hospitality (15 Units)
MSL20118 – Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement (8 Units)
MSL30118 – Certificate III in Laboratory Skills (13 Units)
HLT23215 - Certificate II in Health Support Services (12 units)
HLT33015 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance (11 units)
HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (15 units)
HLT35015 - Certificate III in Dental Assisting (11 units)*
To find more subsidised courses go to TAFE Subsidised Training.
Please carefully consider your training options before committing to a training course as this may exhaust your entitlement to further Queensland Government subsidised training.
* You will need to be working in the industry to satisfy the assessment requirements and work hours for the units of competency within this qualification.