Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) Subsidised Training
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding connects you to the latest subsidised training courses, so you can get the skills you need to stay in demand. How does CSQ do this? They are funded through an industry training levy – basically, whenever there's a construction project over a certain size CSQ receive a small percentage of the cost — and they use this money to subsidise your training.
CQUniversity is a proud recipient of Construction Skills (CSQ) funding for Skills Assessment and Gap Training (SAGT) – general construction for eligible participants in Central Queensland.
Skills Assessment and Gap Training (SAGT)
Are you wanting to build on your skills? CQUniversity can provide you with training and assessment services to identify the skills you already have and provide the gap training you need to attain a nationally recognised qualification.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- ~ be an eligible worker; and
- ^ an existing worker or
- * a career seeker.
And must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a refugee and humanitarian visa holder.
- permanently reside in Queensland; or
- be permanently employed in Queensland.
~ An eligible worker has the same meaning as the Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Services Leave) Act 1991 (Qld) as amended from time to time.
^ An existing worker is a current employee in the building and construction industry who has a one month or more employment relationship with their Employer. The working relationship can be built up through full-time, part-time or casual employment or engagement as a contract worker.
* A career seeker is an individual with significant previous experience, skills and knowledge within the building and construction Industry, but is not an existing worker.
Choose from the following courses, while funding is available for skills assessment and gap training.
- AHC30916 Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- CPC30111 Certificate III in Bricklaying/ Blocklaying
- CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
- MSF31113 Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Recognition or Prior Learning CSQ funding is $1000 per student
No charge to the student
Gap training CSQ funding is up to $3375.
Student Tuition Fees for Gap Training is $1.60 per nominal hour
Students must complete skills assessment, and also at least a minimum of 2 units of gap training within this agreement. There is a maximum of 8 units or 500 nominal hours, your teacher will provide advice. RPL and Gap training needs to be finalised by the 30th of September 2020 to receive funding under this agreement.
* Subject to locations as defined by specific postcodes. To find out more contact 13 27 86.
CRICOS Provider Code: 00219C / RTO Code: 40939