Certificate 3 Guarantee
CQUniversity encourages prospective students to take advantage of the Certificate 3 Guarantee to gain a subsidised qualification that is both nationally recognised and quality assured.
What is the Certificate 3 Guarantee?
Part of the Queensland Government's Great Skills, Real Opportunities action plan, the guarantee gives working-age Queenslanders access to their first certificate III qualification through a subsidy that reduces the cost of the course. This subsidy gives working-age Queenslanders who don't hold a formal qualification a chance to develop their skills and improve their employment prospects.
A certificate III is the first level of post-school qualification shown to have a significant impact on a person's employment and earnings. It is also the level of qualification usually required to get a job in the emerging industries of aged care, child care, hospitality and small business.
To be eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee, you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with an eligible visa subclass
- be 15 years old or over
- live in Queensland and have left school*
- not already have, or be enrolled in a certificate III level or higher qualification, not including qualifications completed at secondary school and foundations skills training.
- Some courses may require the student to be an existing worker in the related industry.
How can the Certificate 3 Guarantee Help?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidises course costs for certificate III courses and supporting programs. Subsidy amounts depend upon the chosen course and other factors including possession of a health care or pensioner concession card.
To help students who may need to develop skills before undertaking a certificate III course, the Certificate 3 Guarantee also covers study in language, literacy and numeracy programs as well as lower certificate qualifications that lead to a certificate III.
Students who hold a healthcare or pension concession card or identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander will receive a higher subsidy.
Certificate 3 Guarantee Courses
- ACM20117 - Certificate II in Animal Studies*
- AHC20416 - Certificate II in Horticulture*
- AHC30716 - Certificate III in Horticulture
- AHC31416 - Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management
- AUR20516 - Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology*
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business*
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business
- BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration
- FNS30317 - Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- CHC30113 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC30213 – Certificate III in Education Support
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC32015 – Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support
- CUA31115 - Certificate III in Visual Arts
- HLT23215 - Certificate II in Health Support Services
- HLT33015 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
- HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- HLT35015 - Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- ICT10115 - Certificate I in Information, Digital Media and Technology*
- ICT20115 - Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology*
- ICT30118 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- MSL20118 - Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement*
- MSL30118 Certificate III in Laboratory Skills
- SHB20216 - Certificate II in Salon Assistant
- SHB30115 Certificate III in Beauty Services
- SIS20115 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation*
- SIS30315 - Certificate III in Fitness
- SIT20116 - Certificate II in Tourism*
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality*
- SIT20416 - Certificate II in Kitchen Operations*
- SIT30116 - Certificate III in Tourism
- SIT30616 – Certificate III in Hospitality
Please carefully consider your training option before committing to a training course as this may exhaust your entitlement to further Queensland Government subsidised training.
Some courses may require the student to be an existing working in the related industry.
If you have any questions, please call us on 13 27 86. You can also ask a question via eform.
*Lower-level vocational qualifications may also be subsidised in certain limited circumstances.