- Teaching professor in mathematics education and applied computing
- ARC Expert Peer Reviewer in STEM Education for ERA 2018
- CQUniversity Students Voice Commendation Awards (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Good Practice in Learning and Teaching (2012)
- Regular contributor to CQUniCare and student awards in advanced mathematics
William completed his Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (GCTE) at CQUniversity in 2011. His education background is in applied mathematics and geophysics. The knowledge and skills gained from the GCTE study broadened his thinking, especially about using different methods to approach similar issues in different circumstances.
His Graduate Certificate helped him consistently improve his teaching performance as a developer, coordinator, lecturer and tutor, which has led to the achievement of multiple Students Voice Commendation Awards. It also helped him in academic governance as Chair of Programs Committee and/or Head of Programs during 2011-2014, and in senior management roles as Deputy Dean / Dean of School in 2013-2015.
Career Highlights include:
- Editor for Applied Computational Intelligence Section in Recent Advances in Computer Science (from 2020)
- Conference Co-Chair for International Conference on Mathematics, Science and Technology Teaching and Learning (from 2019)
- Textbook: Advanced Mathematics for Engineering and Applied Sciences, Pearson (2014, 2015, 2016, 2019)
- Textbook: Essentials and Examples of Applied Mathematics, Pearson (2018)
- Textbook, Applied Computational Modelling with MATLAB, Pearson (2018)
- Executive member of the Australian Council of Professors & Heads of Information Systems (2012-2019)
- Deputy Dean (Feb 2013-Jan 2014) / Dean of School of Engineering & Technology, CQUniversity (Jan 2014-Jan 2015)